From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Devrel Subproject: Gentoo Devmatch
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:43:47
1 How much would gentoo make in a ciaran vs. devrel fight?
2
3 On 10/22/06, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
4 > Purpose:
5 > To increase funding for Gentoo Infrastructure and events.
6 >
7 > Overview:
8 >
9 > Developers volunteer to dual off against other developers (including
10 > retired developers!) in the ring. We then allow betting on the outcome
11 > of the match with Gentoo taking a percentage of the profits to cover
12 > event costs and to add to our pool of enormous moneys.
13 >
14 > Special Events:
15 >
16 > Large donations are taken up for "prize" fights like NeddySeagoon versus
17 > Avenj, Devrel versus UserReps, and Gentoo Developers vs Users.
18 >
19 > Problems:
20 >
21 > People may not volunteer.
22 > I do not have intricate knowledge of gambling rules within the US, we
23 > may need to hold the devmatches in another country.
24 >
25 > Bonuses:
26 >
27 > Developers with long-standing conflicts will be able to voice their
28 > personal feelings via fists and feets.
29 >
30 > Source:
31 >
32 > #gentoo-dev ramblings.