From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New Devrel Subproject: Gentoo Devmatch
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:40:25
1 Purpose:
2 To increase funding for Gentoo Infrastructure and events.
3
4 Overview:
5
6 Developers volunteer to dual off against other developers (including
7 retired developers!) in the ring. We then allow betting on the outcome
8 of the match with Gentoo taking a percentage of the profits to cover
9 event costs and to add to our pool of enormous moneys.
10
11 Special Events:
12
13 Large donations are taken up for "prize" fights like NeddySeagoon versus
14 Avenj, Devrel versus UserReps, and Gentoo Developers vs Users.
15
16 Problems:
17
18 People may not volunteer.
19 I do not have intricate knowledge of gambling rules within the US, we
20 may need to hold the devmatches in another country.
21
22 Bonuses:
23
24 Developers with long-standing conflicts will be able to voice their
25 personal feelings via fists and feets.
26
27 Source:
28
29 #gentoo-dev ramblings.