From: "Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh" <iluxa@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Devrel Subproject: Gentoo Devmatch
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:48:23
1 As far as volunteers, I'm in!
4 Alec Warner wrote:
5 > Purpose:
6 > To increase funding for Gentoo Infrastructure and events.
7 >
8 > Overview:
9 >
10 > Developers volunteer to dual off against other developers (including
11 > retired developers!) in the ring. We then allow betting on the
12 > outcome of the match with Gentoo taking a percentage of the profits to
13 > cover event costs and to add to our pool of enormous moneys.
14 >
15 > Special Events:
16 >
17 > Large donations are taken up for "prize" fights like NeddySeagoon
18 > versus Avenj, Devrel versus UserReps, and Gentoo Developers vs Users.
19 >
20 > Problems:
21 >
22 > People may not volunteer.
23 > I do not have intricate knowledge of gambling rules within the US, we
24 > may need to hold the devmatches in another country.
25 >
26 > Bonuses:
27 >
28 > Developers with long-standing conflicts will be able to voice their
29 > personal feelings via fists and feets.
30 >
31 > Source:
32 >
33 > #gentoo-dev ramblings.