From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: killing mediawiki
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 00:29:04
1 On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 12:44:42 -0500
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Have you even looked at gollum for example? it can support mw markdown.
5
6 I've looked at it, but none of my reading of online material indicates
7 whether it supports more than the existing media-wiki *syntax*.
8
9 For instance, Gollum states support for macros, but definition of those
10 macros requires writing ruby code, which is a far stretch from
11 MediaWiki's "other wiki articles are your macros"
12
13 Nothing I've read clarifies my confusion as to whether gollum actually
14 supports all the *features* of MediaWiki, only seeming to indicate it
15 supports syntax-mimicry.
16
17 Which, if true, would fall into the category of "Not a suitable
18 replacement"