From: Mikael Hallendal <micke@×××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion for User Feedback
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:00:04
1 Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o> writes:
2
3 > As for privacy: personally I wouldn't be against reporting my own
4 > usage in this way. So if make such a system and turn it off by
5 > default, there shuoldn't be a problem. Of course, if most Gentoo users
6 > keep it off, the data it gives us won't be as reliable. But in this
7 > sense I think it's worth a try.
8
9 As you said. I think most people will leave it off, mostly the
10 developers will turn it on I think. I can't see why we'd need this
11 information other then to use it for debugging purposes. And in that
12 case my solution will work just aswell.
13
14 Can't really see why users would see the point of sending a lot of
15 data to us everytime they rsync. And we developers will do cvs up
16 (which I guess many users will to when/if we make it possible to do
17 anonymous cvs).
18
19 Regards,
20 Mikael Hallendal
23 Mikael Hallendal                micke@×××××××××××.se
24 CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/
25 Office: +46 (0)8 587 583 05     Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918