From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Network configuration and bash
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:13:09
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 06 February 2007, Michael Hanselmann wrote:
3 >> XML! Actually, no. For me, libconfig[1] turned out to be very easy to
4 >> work with. Its config file format is easy to write by hand and the
5 >> parser resides in the library.
6 >> [1] http://www.hyperrealm.com/libconfig/libconfig.html
7 >
8 > On a simialr note there's libconfuse[1], which uses one of the most common
9 > formats available: ini-like :)
10 >
11 > [1] http://www.nongnu.org/confuse/
12
13 Woah, they both look nice. I note libConfuse hasn't been dev'ed for a couple
14 of years, not a big issue. libconfig is "25K for the stripped C shared
15 library" - neither is on my system atm; from the pkg size i'm guessing
16 libConfuse isn't much bigger. I guess having a C++ library as well helps
17 libconfig tho. I like its format better as well ;)
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list