From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Masking <automake-1.9?
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:32:51
1 Il giorno gio, 02/12/2010 alle 17.24 +0200, Petteri Räty ha scritto:
2 >
3 > Ok thanks for clarifying the last point. Doesn't this go against your
4 > original wish to mask it though?
5
6 If you read my first mail, I said I want them masked, and not removed
7 because they are still useful for upstream work.
8
9 Being useful for upstream work, I don't want them being unavailable or
10 unusable, which would happen if you were to block them on newer libtool
11 just as much as it would happen by removing them.
12
13 The mask might be something along the lines of
14
15 # Obsolete automake packages, only useful for upstream work.
16 # Do not depend on them, and don't install them unless you really
17 # need to use them.
18
19 (And having them masked, repoman will complain if somebody was to use
20 WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.4).
23 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
24 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
25
26 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
27 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/