From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Masking <automake-1.9?
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:42:02
1 On 2.12.2010 17.31, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > Il giorno gio, 02/12/2010 alle 17.24 +0200, Petteri Räty ha scritto:
3 >>
4 >> Ok thanks for clarifying the last point. Doesn't this go against your
5 >> original wish to mask it though?
6 >
7 > If you read my first mail, I said I want them masked, and not removed
8 > because they are still useful for upstream work.
11 In my mind I associate masking with eventual removal.
12
13 > Being useful for upstream work, I don't want them being unavailable or
14 > unusable, which would happen if you were to block them on newer libtool
15 > just as much as it would happen by removing them.
16 >
17 > The mask might be something along the lines of
18 >
19 > # Obsolete automake packages, only useful for upstream work.
20 > # Do not depend on them, and don't install them unless you really
21 > # need to use them.
22 >
23 > (And having them masked, repoman will complain if somebody was to use
24 > WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.4).
27 Sounds like an ok compromise.
28
29 Regards,