From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Masking <automake-1.9?
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:49:08
1 Il giorno gio, 02/12/2010 alle 17.41 +0200, Petteri Räty ha scritto:
2 >
3 > In my mind I associate masking with eventual removal.
4 >
5 We have precedents of masking things not to be removed; even though that
6 usually happens with proprietary things that can't be fixed.
7
8 There is no reason for us to forcefully remove the older versions for
9 now, we have had stuff masked for years, pending fix, it should be okay
10 to simply say "This won't work for general case".
13 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
14 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
15
16 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
17 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/