From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: Stefan Jones <cretin@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-core <gentoo-core@g.o>, gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>, woodchip@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Prelinking in Gentoo and interactions with portage
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 23:37:48
1 On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 06:50, Stefan Jones wrote:
2 > Note: re-prelinking a file is very quick, so it may be feasible to
3 > prelink all dependants in emerge after the library install. But this
4 > would require reverse dependency checking.
5 >
6 > Once the details are fixed, I will happing code this up and submit the
7 > patches.
8
9 Thanks very much for this info and for looking into this. Recently,
10 Mandrake claimed they are superior in performance to Gentoo Linux (in
11 one of their newsletters, I think) because they prelink and we don't.
12 Maybe we should. Maybe we shouldn't. Opinions welcome :) I'd also like
13 to track down that Mandrake comparison -- woodchip, do you have the
14 reference?
15
16 Best Regards,
19 Daniel Robbins