From: Marius Mauch <genone@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some 'proper coding' notes for ebuilds
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 15:33:40
1 On 08/08/03 Anthony de Boer wrote:
2
3 > Don Seiler wrote:
4 > > Can repoman not be updated to catch what only lintool catches now,
5 > > so that we can have our all-in-one kwik-e-tool?
6 >
7 > The implication I see in the documentation is that repoman is for
8 > Gentoo developers only[0], and implies you need CVS access to the
9 > Gentoo tree, while one shouldn't bother with lintool at all[1]. As a
10 > non-dev wanting to submit the occasional ebuild, I'd like a tool I can
11 > use to make sure I don't miss anything obvious that a CVS committer
12 > would see when he/she runs repoman against my ebuild.
13 >
14 > Hmmm, now I'm wondering what'd happen if I put my ebuilds in a local
15 > CVS repository; would repoman know it wasn't the "real" repository?
16 > If that's the case, the manpage should probably give a pointer about
17 > doing that, and not start off by scaring away non-devs.
18
19 Have a look at
20 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=59389 , I posted a repoman
21 version there that works on a local portage tree (the main tree or your
22 overlay).
23
24 Marius
29 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
30 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.