From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Xmms needs to die.
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:15:38
1 Luca Barbato wrote:
2 > Luis Medinas wrote:
3 >
4 >> If noone takes it will be saved on overlays.gentoo.org. Everyone needs
5 >> to know that xmms is old and tired (obsolete). A few developers on
6 >> redhat, mandriva and suse marked xmms as obsolete. Now it's our turn to
7 >> move it to our darkness repository. If you want to be sure it's obsolete
8 >> just read xmms's website.
11 > fine for me
12 >
13 > (please add xmms2)
14 >
15 > People could just use mplayer o xine to play any audio sample aud doesn't.
16 >
17 > lu
20 Note that neither mplayer or xine work on mips particularly well. Xine
21 is especially screwed. And if anybody mentions gstreamer, it flat out
22 doesn't work at all.
23
24 -Steve
25 --