From: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@×××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Xmms needs to die.
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:27:30
1 On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:12:48 -0400
2 "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Luca Barbato wrote:
5 > > Luis Medinas wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> If noone takes it will be saved on overlays.gentoo.org. Everyone
8 needs
9 > >> to know that xmms is old and tired (obsolete). A few developers on
10 > >> redhat, mandriva and suse marked xmms as obsolete. Now it's our
11 turn to
12 > >> move it to our darkness repository. If you want to be sure it's
13 obsolete
14 > >> just read xmms's website.
15 > >>
16 > >
17 > > fine for me
18 > >
19 > > (please add xmms2)
20 > >
21 > > People could just use mplayer o xine to play any audio sample aud
22 doesn't.
23 > >
24 > > lu
27 > Note that neither mplayer or xine work on mips particularly well.
28 Xine
29 > is especially screwed. And if anybody mentions gstreamer, it flat out
30
31 > doesn't work at all.
32 >
33 > -Steve
34
35 It is aqualung that is a very good player with nice features such as
36 oss, alsa, jack and LADSPA support. It have a database support to help
37 to organise yours audio files.
38
39 http://aqualung.sourceforge.net/
40
41 But I don't know if it will work on any architecture. It is still a beta
42 software, but I know users very happy with it. And the development seam
43 to be very fast and active.
44
45 Dominique
46 --