From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: A better FTP client with Gentoo enhancements
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:17:09
1 On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 06:15:19PM +0100, Philippe Namias wrote:
2
3 > So we implement a function for each "downloader"?
4 >
5 > prozilla.fetch
6 > wget.fetch
7 > bsdftp.fetch
8
9 I think Achim's suggestion is excellent. Each downloader (prozilla,
10 bsdftp,wget) should install a script into /usr/lib/portage/bin called
11 {app}.fetch. It can be written in any language (C,python,bash) as
12 long as it can be called from the command-line. It should accept one
13 or more URLs as arguments. Do we need any command-line options?
14
15 Maybe a --passive option to force a passive ftp session? Right now
16 there are ftp servers that are passive only, and others that are active
17 only. Maybe we need some new URL types: ftpa:// ftpp:// ?
18
19 Best Regards,
22 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
23 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org