From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 06:36:08
1 On śro, 2017-05-24 at 14:21 +0900, Benda Xu wrote:
2 > Hi Michał,
3 >
4 > > Name: gentoo-dev-internal
5 > >
6 > > Topic: technical discussions between active Gentoo contributors
7 >
8 > Basically I object to this proposal.
9 >
10 > 1. Another layer of hierarchy is not desirable for a non-profit
11 > organization like us.
12 >
13 > 2. Useful discussion are diluted from 1 list into 2 lists.
14 >
15 > 3. It is really hard to whitelist/moderate in a transparent and
16 > objective way.
19 > I take the intention of this proposal as that you would like to keep a
20 > certain group of people out of your discussions. If you personally want
21 > to mute someone, it is straightforward to set up a blacklist in your
22 > MTA/MUA.
23
24 Sure. And also mute the 30 random replies which might or might not be
25 relevant.
26
27 > I don't think a change is needed at the Gentoo infra level.
30 I wouldn't call opening a new mailing list 'a change'. It is a regular
31 request made by developers who need a tool to work with.
34 Best regards,
35 Michał Górny