From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Python 3.1: Stabilization and news item
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 21:43:41
1 On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 22:16, Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o> wrote:
2 > Are we at a point already where we can feed 90% of the Python 2.x code
3 > out there to Python 3 without problems?
4
5 No, and that point will never come, but this is not a problem right now.
6
7 Python 3 will be installed slotted, as an extra version, and it will
8 not disturb the Python 2.x versions or any packages that don't work on
9 3.x (which are marked as such). I have this working on a bunch of
10 boxes, and it hasn't caused me any problems so far.
11
12 Cheers,
13
14 Dirkjan