From: Georg Rudoy <0xd34df00d@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Voting on adding Leechcraft to the tree
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 16:12:38
1 Hi!
2
3 I'm one of LeechCraft developers, and Maxim asked me to assist him in
4 resolving any questions regarding the app should they occur. I'm also
5 using Gentoo and maintain the ebuilds in the rion overlay, so I hope
6 I'd be able to assist in resolving corresponding issues as well.
7
8 Seems like the only issue that needs clarification now is the number
9 of packages and the need in separate eclass. Actually, there are 32
10 ebuilds for now (and new will be added as new modules are written),
11 and the eclass contains some common procedures for them.
12
13 And Maxim gave a link only to net-misc/ category in his original
14 message, while related ebuilds are also in www-client/, www-misc/,
15 virtual/ categories, for example. And, well, while he was true
16 regarding the amount of active developers (we've got around 4-6 of
17 them who regularly contribute new code), seems like he was a bit
18 pessimistic regarding the popularity, but that's rather unimportant
19 issue, according to Gentoo's policies.
22   Georg Rudoy
23   LeechCraft — http://leechcraft.org