From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] implementation details for GLEP 41
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 01:05:25
1 Lares Moreau wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 18:13 -0600, Lance Albertson wrote:
3 >
4 >>is the 25-55 minute lag good enough?
5
6 > It may need to be good enough. Personally I would like to have < 5-7
7 > min. That way when I'm working with a dev, I can keep up to speed with
8 > her/him without having to resort to an overlay and emailing
9 > ebuilds.tar's. A dedicated 'AT/HT' sync box sounds like an acceptable
10 > solution.
11
12 For now, I don't want to rsync more than every 30 minutes (concerns of
13 overloading the main cvs server). Pylon has mentioned that the newer
14 version of cvs has better commit hooks that may allow for more of a live
15 replication effect, but I don't expect that to happen any time soon. I
16 will try and come up with a revised version of GLEP 41 and see if
17 hparker and folks will agree with this new solution.
18
19 We will probably still have the blocking script on this server, but will
20 be at a much higher level. This is just to prevent folks from abusing
21 the service or giving out their access for other people to use. I really
22 don't see that happening, but I would prefer to have some kind of
23 prevention in place for infra's sake. I'll have to think out details on
24 the authentication scheme for access, but I would assume it would be per
25 AT and not a shared access account.
26
27 Thoughts?
30 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
31 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
32
33 ---
34 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
35 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
36
37 ramereth/irc.freenode.net