From: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
To: Dafydd Walters <dafydd@×××××××.net>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Java and Mozilla (GCC 3 issue)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:43:58
1 One thing. The source code you download from Sun, is not the same source
2 code that they use for their binary release. I am not sure of the
3 differences, but I believe the affected areas are in Hotspot. I would love
4 to see a benchmark done on this.
5
6 Tom Veldhouse
7
8 ----- Original Message -----
9 From: "Dafydd Walters" <dafydd@×××××××.net>
10 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
11 Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 2:40 PM
12 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Java and Mozilla (GCC 3 issue)
15 > I don't know if the Java plug-in issue for Mozilla has been addressed for
16 > the upcoming 1.4 release, but I found a couple of interesting web pages
17 > describing how to build the JDK from source using GCC 3, so that it will
18 > work properly as a plug-in for Mozilla.
19 >
20 > http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/javafromscratch.txt
23 http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2002/08/0659.html
24 >
25 > Is anyone currently working on an ebuild to do this?
26 >
27 > I see that bug 10462 (Mozilla does not work with Java plugins) is marked
28 as
29 > resolved and a duplicate of bug 9016 (Ebuilds that help you to make a
30 > working mozilla with java and gentoo-1.4), but the fix described in the
31 > latter (compiling Mozilla with GCC 2.95.3) does not seem to be a good
32 > long-term fix for this issue.
36 > --
37 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
43 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list