From: Dafydd Walters <dafydd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Java and Mozilla (GCC 3 issue)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:38:47
1 I don't know if the Java plug-in issue for Mozilla has been addressed for
2 the upcoming 1.4 release, but I found a couple of interesting web pages
3 describing how to build the JDK from source using GCC 3, so that it will
4 work properly as a plug-in for Mozilla.
5
6 http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/javafromscratch.txt
7
8 http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2002/08/0659.html
9
10 Is anyone currently working on an ebuild to do this?
11
12 I see that bug 10462 (Mozilla does not work with Java plugins) is marked as
13 resolved and a duplicate of bug 9016 (Ebuilds that help you to make a
14 working mozilla with java and gentoo-1.4), but the fix described in the
15 latter (compiling Mozilla with GCC 2.95.3) does not seem to be a good
16 long-term fix for this issue.
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list