From: "Bruce A. Locke" <blocke@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] List of rc5 problems and questions
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:12:35
1 On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 22:12:38 +0200
2 AGottinger@××××××××.de (Achim Gottinger) wrote:
3
4 > > > 4. The XMMS portage doesn't install xmms.xpm.
7 > /usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/xmms.xpm
8
9 Doh... I saw a copy of it left under xmms's /tmp/portages directory and
10 didn't see it under /opt/gnome where the xmms executable was installed...
11 It seems odd to have xmms installed to /opt/gnome and have files as part
12 of the package floating around /usr... Is there a gentoo specific file
13 system structure standard?
14
15 > > > 15. The gnome 1.4 virtual package didn't seem to install nautilus
16 > > >
17 > gnome-1.4-r1 has an runtime dependencie for nautilus, did you try that
18 > version?
19
20 I installed gnome via the on cd packages during the installation process.
21 I only saw one version of the gnome package though to be honest I didn't
22 spend much time looking around the directory :)
23
24 > We have an old version of gtk-xemacs which must be updated.
25
26 Ok... was about to ask if that ebuild was hosed. :) I noticed that it
27 seems to be the only xemacs package... I'll have to try building it...
28 I've never attempted to perpare an ebuild before so I doubt I'll be able
29 to beat a package as big as xemacs into a useable state on my first try :)
33 > bye achim~
36 > gentoo-dev mailing list
37 > gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org