From: "Luis F. Araujo" <araujo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please follow keywording policy
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 21:30:50
1 Stefan Schweizer wrote:
2
3 >On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 20:56:51 +0200, Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o> wrote:
6 >>Okay, I buy it.
7 >>
8 >>a) Devs, who has a fcdsl, fcdsl2, fcdslsl, fcdslusb and/or fcdslslusb
9 >>(AVM FRITZ!Card DSL)? Step up and take net-dialup/fcdsl under your wing!
12 >I got two of these donated by AVM (fcdslusb and fcdslsl). And
13 >additionally a fcusb for net-dialup/fritzcapi
14 >I think all the AVM-drivers in the tree are covered by me.
15 >
16 >I dont think that it means that you are a bad maintainer when you do
17 >not own the hardware. But if you dont like the work you should not do
18 >it, please tell us then, I am ready to take over as much as I can to
19 >help you.
22 >>b) Who has a device that works with net-dialup/hcfusbmodem and is
23 >>willing to become its maintainer?
26 >sorry, I dont own a device .. nor does any developer I think, should
27 >these ebuilds be not maintained then?
28 >Imo when something cannot be tested it should be at least on its
29 >latest version and in the tree and bugs that come up should be fixed.
30 >And that can a maintainer do without owning the device.
34 Just a brief comment, we should keep ~arch for those drivers/applications
35 that still can't be tested for X or Y reason, and for informative purpose,
36 we also could include this information in metada.xml for example. (for users
37 to be aware of the current situation mainly, and at the same time for a
38 _way_
39 to call people interested on mantaining the package).
40
41 Cheers,
45 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list