From: Stefan Schweizer <sschweizer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please follow keywording policy
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 19:10:27
1 On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 20:56:51 +0200, Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o> wrote:
2 > Okay, I buy it.
3 >
4 > a) Devs, who has a fcdsl, fcdsl2, fcdslsl, fcdslusb and/or fcdslslusb
5 > (AVM FRITZ!Card DSL)? Step up and take net-dialup/fcdsl under your wing!
6 I got two of these donated by AVM (fcdslusb and fcdslsl). And
7 additionally a fcusb for net-dialup/fritzcapi
8 I think all the AVM-drivers in the tree are covered by me.
9
10 I dont think that it means that you are a bad maintainer when you do
11 not own the hardware. But if you dont like the work you should not do
12 it, please tell us then, I am ready to take over as much as I can to
13 help you.
14 > b) Who has a device that works with net-dialup/hcfusbmodem and is
15 > willing to become its maintainer?
16 sorry, I dont own a device .. nor does any developer I think, should
17 these ebuilds be not maintained then?
18 Imo when something cannot be tested it should be at least on its
19 latest version and in the tree and bugs that come up should be fixed.
20 And that can a maintainer do without owning the device.
21 > c)...
22 >
23 > In fact, who has any device that would work with some driver from
24 > net-dialup? I don't have _any_ device at all!
25 Do you have a dsl-connection?
26 How do you connect to the internet?
27
28 Regards,