From: "André Ventura Lemos" <tux@××××××××.org>
To: Jean-Francois Patenaude <jf.patenaude@××××.ca>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] minor updates ... question/suggestion
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:43:41
1 Maybe have -r? for _normal updates_ and -t? for small typo, _don't
2 upgrade if it's working_ kind of updates? :-)
5 just a thought :)
8 On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 15:36, Jean-Francois Patenaude wrote:
9 > Hello,
10 >
11 > I would like to know if it would be possible to have emerge --update
12 > only do updates that are important. I mean that I don't always feel like
13 > recompiling large packages for minor changes (little configuration tuning,
14 > spelling mistake in scripts, ...) while I would want to recompile those
15 > packages for serious improvment and/or bug fixes.
16 >
17 > Maybe one could classify the portage release with a sub number that would
18 > indicate minor changes or at least non-critical changes. Then after,
19 > a correctly modified emerge could be asked to skip such updates.
20 >
21 > Jf.
25 I/O, I/O,
26 It's off to disk I go,