From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFI: A better workflow for github pull requests
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 08:55:17
1 On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 21:55:00 -0700
2 Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I hadn't thought about that angle. If our access backbone is via SSH
5 > (and thus the filesystem/machine users) then I'm really not sure how
6 > to implement a GitLab or Gerrit instance while hooking into the
7 > filesystem. Allowing users to open accounts in order to post bugs, etc
8 > just isn't a great idea, imo, and duplicates the effort that already
9 > exists in Bugzilla. Maybe it'd be smarter to find a way to `git-am`
10 > patches from Bugzilla.
11
12 GitLab can feed off LDAP. Once logged in, the user can add an SSH key
13 against the account in much the same way as GitHub. It still uses a
14 shared git account for the SSH connection though.
17 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
18 Gentoo Linux Developer