From: Rob Snow <lists@××××××.com>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Patch to /etc/init.d/ntpd to set tickadj if needed
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 21:13:48
1 Please excuse me if this is the wrong list to send this to, this is my first submission to
2 Gentoo since I recently installed.
3
4 This patch adds a feature to set and save a tick value for machines that do not keep
5 good time with the default tick value. This does not adjust the value itself, it simply
6 keeps the current value between start/stop and reboots. I believe this might be quite
7 useful for those with bad tick values due to overclocking or just plain broken
8 hardware. It doesn't have any adverse effect on those who don't need the change.
9
10 -Rob

ntpd-patch.diff text/x-diff