From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Patch to /etc/init.d/ntpd to set tickadj if needed
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 21:43:28
1 Hi Rob.
2
3 Thanks a lot for your contribution!
4 However please use http://bugs.gentoo.org for these kinds of submissions. This
5 will ensure that your patch will get assigned to the appropriate developer
6 and will be taken care of in a due course.
7
8 George
9
10 On Monday 07 July 2003 14:15, Rob Snow wrote:
11 > Please excuse me if this is the wrong list to send this to, this is my
12 > first submission to Gentoo since I recently installed.
13 >
14 > This patch adds a feature to set and save a tick value for machines that do
15 > not keep good time with the default tick value. This does not adjust the
16 > value itself, it simply keeps the current value between start/stop and
17 > reboots. I believe this might be quite useful for those with bad tick
18 > values due to overclocking or just plain broken hardware. It doesn't have
19 > any adverse effect on those who don't need the change.
20 >
21 > -Rob
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list