From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] prepalldocs is now banned
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 19:01:20
1 > If you really, genuinely think you have a case for compression of
2 > docs, backed up with statistics showing that it's a relevant change,
3
4 I fail to see why you need statistics for something that is clearly a
5 waste of space, but this could be a start:
6 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_9018a9f64cd32ba85494887ffe3edf78.xml
7
8 > then you should write a proposal for future EAPIs for handling it,
9
10 I don't understand why something that has been there for ages has to
11 die. For what I've seen, the major (and only) problem with prepalldocs
12 is its definition and I'm sure we can find one that everybody will
13 agree with.
14
15 > and you should do it in such a way that it works automatically for
16 > all ebuilds, without any developer intervention (but providing some
17 > way for ebuilds to disable it where necessary).
18
19 This is probably a good start:
20 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_eb1f7952eb2f0fe725bde331a4d9ae30.xml
21