From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new config files....
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 15:25:45
1 There is one additional feature I'd appreciate very much personally.
2 Currently if th file exists, the ._cfg file is created. Imho it would be
3 nice if an additional check would be performed first to see if it has
4 been modified by the user. If it hasn't, it can be overwritten without
5 problems. Now when I'm diffing after installing a new baselayout I spend
6 a lot of time on files I've never even touched.
7
8 Mikael Hallendal wrote:
9
10 >eek, :) I wouldn't want my /etc to be full of _cfg???_*, much better
11 >imho with the current one.
12 >
13 >When merging it tells you how many config-files that needs update then
14 >you just have to do:
15 >
16 >cd /etc
17 >find . -name "._cfg*"