From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Impl. egetent in user.eclass using script from sys-apps/getent?
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:52:43
1 On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Joakim Tjernlund
2 <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se> wrote:
3 > I wonder if it would be possible to use the script from sys-apps/getent(included below)
4 > to impl. getent in user.eclass instead of using glibc's getent? I cannot see any downside, is there one?
7 glibc's getent can get data from any NSS plugin (ie. LDAP, MySQL,
8 etc). Switching to use sys-apps/getent would mean that lookups would
9 only be performed against the local flat files.