From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Impl. egetent in user.eclass using script from sys-apps/getent?
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 18:06:15
1 On 6/10/15 1:52 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Joakim Tjernlund
3 > <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se> wrote:
4 >> I wonder if it would be possible to use the script from sys-apps/getent(included below)
5 >> to impl. getent in user.eclass instead of using glibc's getent? I cannot see any downside, is there one?
6 >>
7 > glibc's getent can get data from any NSS plugin (ie. LDAP, MySQL,
8 > etc). Switching to use sys-apps/getent would mean that lookups would
9 > only be performed against the local flat files.
12 I added sys-apps/getent for musl and did not expect it to be used by
13 anything else. When I moved that script into sys-libs/musl, I masked
14 getent:
15
16 # /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
17 # Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o> (14 May 2015)
18 # No longer required by any packages in the tree.
19 # Masked for removal in 30 days.
20
21 If you want to keep it, we can remove the mask, but it does block
22 against glibc and uclibc.
25 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
26 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
27 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
28 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
29 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA