From: Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Impl. egetent in user.eclass using script from sys-apps/getent?
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 18:50:03
1 On Wed, 2015-06-10 at 14:06 -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > On 6/10/15 1:52 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
3 > > On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Joakim Tjernlund
4 > > <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se> wrote:
5 > > > I wonder if it would be possible to use the script from sys-apps/getent(included below)
6 > > > to impl. getent in user.eclass instead of using glibc's getent? I cannot see any downside, is there one?
7 > > >
8 > > glibc's getent can get data from any NSS plugin (ie. LDAP, MySQL,
9 > > etc). Switching to use sys-apps/getent would mean that lookups would
10 > > only be performed against the local flat files.
13 > I added sys-apps/getent for musl and did not expect it to be used by
14 > anything else. When I moved that script into sys-libs/musl, I masked
15 > getent:
16 >
17 > # /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
18 > # Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o> (14 May 2015)
19 > # No longer required by any packages in the tree.
20 > # Masked for removal in 30 days.
21 >
22 > If you want to keep it, we can remove the mask, but it does block
23 > against glibc and uclibc.
26 I think one would have to take the guts of the script and transform it into an egetent eclass
27 function. Your script has done the hard part already so it should be easy to mangle into an eclass
28 fkn.
29 Jocke