From: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE 3.2.3
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:01:28
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 On Saturday 10 July 2004 11:21 am, Stuart Herbert wrote:
5 > On Saturday 10 July 2004 15:41, Jeff Smelser wrote:
6 > > Which is getting me right were I thought I would be in this, the devs
7 > > just basically do what they want. They follow the rules when they want
8 > > to.
9 >
10 > I can't find an official policy that says that a package must be moved from
11 > ~arch after the thirty day period is complete. To be honest, I can't find
12 > an official policy that says a package has to stay in ~arch for thirty days
13 > either.
14
15 Its there, someone sent it. Its just a standard. its not a concreate date. It
16 will be released soon, is all I know.
17
18 > > I don't know anymore.. Let the devs just do what they want..
19 >
20 > We all do what we can manage in the time we have available.
21 >
22 > If your expectations can't be met by Gentoo, there are plenty of commercial
23 > distributions out there who *do* have paid staff. No-one's forcing you to
24 > use Gentoo at all ;-)
25
26 Thats not what I said, nor implied.. I asked to help you guys get the release
27 out, not you get this release out right now or else.
28
29 > > Funny thing is, if I had just got the reply from him, and none of this
30 > > other crap, this wouldn't be the thread that it is...
31 >
32 > You call it 'crap' ... we call it an education. We're trying to help you.
33 > If this isn't the sort of help you find useful, then Gentoo Linux is
34 > probably the wrong choice for you.
35
36 Some was educational, some others was just poking at me..
37
38 > If you're going to use Gentoo, it's important that you have the right
39 > expectations about Gentoo Linux and the *very* hard working volunteers
40 > (devs and users alike) who give up their free time to contribute.
41
42 I should, I have been here since the beginning.. Things have changed however.
43
44 > Yes, lots of things could be better. Lord knows I'm quick to be vocal
45 > about that myself. But to make things better takes manpower (and
46 > womanpower ;-) and people willing to roll their sleeves up and get
47 > involved.
48
49 I said I was.. That was my point through all this. I say now, as I said
50 before, kde 3.2.3 should be released. If Celeb told me right now, X bug is
51 stopping it, I am on it.. Celeb, from what I interpreted, said 3.2.3 is
52 ready, he has just been spending his time on 3.3 and been to busy. So my
53 question is, how would I get 3.2.3 done for him? Can I? I will spend my time
54 running repoman, I don't care..
55
56 Jeff
57 - --
59 Jabber: tradergt@(smelser.org|jabber.org)
60 Quote: Quelqu'un qui dit des choses intéressantes, on l'ecoute, même quand il
61 ne dit rien. -- Philippe Geluck, Le Chat
72 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list