From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE 3.2.3
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:21:50
1 On Saturday 10 July 2004 15:41, Jeff Smelser wrote:
2 > Which is getting me right were I thought I would be in this, the devs just
3 > basically do what they want. They follow the rules when they want to.
4
5 I can't find an official policy that says that a package must be moved from
6 ~arch after the thirty day period is complete. To be honest, I can't find an
7 official policy that says a package has to stay in ~arch for thirty days
8 either.
9
10 > I don't know anymore.. Let the devs just do what they want..
11
12 We all do what we can manage in the time we have available.
13
14 If your expectations can't be met by Gentoo, there are plenty of commercial
15 distributions out there who *do* have paid staff. No-one's forcing you to
16 use Gentoo at all ;-)
17
18 > Funny thing is, if I had just got the reply from him, and none of this
19 > other crap, this wouldn't be the thread that it is...
20
21 You call it 'crap' ... we call it an education. We're trying to help you. If
22 this isn't the sort of help you find useful, then Gentoo Linux is probably
23 the wrong choice for you.
24
25 If you're going to use Gentoo, it's important that you have the right
26 expectations about Gentoo Linux and the *very* hard working volunteers (devs
27 and users alike) who give up their free time to contribute.
28
29 Yes, lots of things could be better. Lord knows I'm quick to be vocal about
30 that myself. But to make things better takes manpower (and womanpower ;-)
31 and people willing to roll their sleeves up and get involved.
32
33 Best regards,
34 Stu
35 --
36 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
37 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
38 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
39
40 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
41 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C