From: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE 3.2.3
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 14:41:57
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 On Saturday 10 July 2004 05:53 am, Alexander Gretencord wrote:
5 > On Saturday 10 July 2004 06:17, Jeff Smelser wrote:
6 > > Gentoo, is a company now with users.
7 >
8 > A 'company' that only has voluntary developers which do everythingin their
9 > free time.
10
11 Right, no one is debating this.
12
13 > If you are talking about the 30 day period in ~arch, have you read the
14 > comment on mysql? That's exactly why you need that period or even longer. I
15 > guess you've heard about production environments? I consider my desktop
16 > one, as I use it for all my university work and I can't have it broken for
17 > days. Same with the nat box in the closet. For those that want the latest
18 > and greatest all the time: use ~arch!
19
20 I am reading it now, yes. He also stated he will move it before 30 days
21 because he uses it, and needs it. So basically, what I am seeing, is if its
22 important enough for the dev, then they forget the 30 day rule. If its not,
23 they don't..
24
25 Which is getting me right were I thought I would be in this, the devs just
26 basically do what they want. They follow the rules when they want to.
27
28 Mysql is sitting for a good reason, which was my question in the beginning.
29 Why is it sitting. He answered, but also stated he moves them in if the
30 changes are significant enough. But according to the policy sent to me, its
31 only suppose to if its a security fix. Which is why I am waiting for kde,
32 because its not been 30 days, but does have a significant fix in it. just as
33 the mysql developer stated he moved his in earlier for.
34
35 I don't know anymore.. Let the devs just do what they want..
36
37 > That being said I'd love to always have the newest KDE and its unfortunate
38 > that Caleb just didn't have the time to move it.
39
40 Funny thing is, if I had just got the reply from him, and none of this other
41 crap, this wouldn't be the thread that it is... I just wanted to know why
42 some are taking so long. I wasn't aware of this 30 day rule before. I
43 remember many ebuilds being there for only a few days, then being set stable
44 many times in the past.. Mysql being one.
45
46 Oh well, you guys just do what you want.. This thread is going way past my
47 intentions anymore.
48
49 Jeff
50 - --
52 Jabber: tradergt@(smelser.org|jabber.org)
53 Quote: Before I go to bed, I want some filk and cookies.
64 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list