From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE 3.2.3
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:08:12
1 On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 09:41:54AM -0500, Jeff Smelser wrote:
2
3 > I am reading it now, yes. He also stated he will move it before 30 days
4 > because he uses it, and needs it. So basically, what I am seeing, is if its
5 > important enough for the dev, then they forget the 30 day rule. If its not,
6 > they don't..
7 >
8 > Which is getting me right were I thought I would be in this, the devs just
9 > basically do what they want. They follow the rules when they want to.
10
11 No. The devs _do what's best for the userbase_. What a shocker!
12
13 I have no idea how you can interpret statements that boiled down to "I
14 stabilize things based on a number of factors including code review and
15 my level of familiarity with the codebase" as some kind of anarchy. It'd
16 really be great if you could engage in productive discussion rather than
17 constantly trying to find ways to snipe at the dev team. That's why this
18 thread has been dragging on.
21 Jon Portnoy
22 avenj/irc.freenode.net
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list