From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tests
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 00:13:23
1 On Tue, 01 May 2007 19:46:56 -0400
2 Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o> wrote:
3 > There is one serious problem with this: Who's going to do the work to
4 > figure all this out for the 11,000 odd packages in the tree? This
5 > seems like a *huge* amount of work, work that I have no plan on doing
6 > for the 100-odd packages I (help) maintain, let alone the 4-10
7 > different versions of each package. I highly doubt other maintainers
8 > want to do this kind of work either.
9
10 You're talking implementation details. This isn't the time for that!
11 No-one has worked out what, if anything, is to be done, so you can't
12 know how much work whatever it is is.
13
14 Having said that, there's no need to figure it out for the whole tree
15 in one go if it's an EAPI change.
18 Ciaran McCreesh