From: landis blackwell <blackwelllandis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: eclass/
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 17:07:47
1 No fun allowed
2 On May 14, 2016 12:06 PM, "Rich Freeman" <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 12:59 PM, M. J. Everitt <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
5 > wrote:
6 > > On 14/05/16 17:53, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
7 > >> Gordon Pettey schrieb:
8 > >>
9 > >>> So, it's perfectly okay to make direct commits of obviously broken
10 > >>> code that
11 > >>> has no chance of working, because community something mumble...
12 > >>
13 > >> You may have missed some sarcasm in the post which you replied to.
14 > >> Plus, I don't think anybody said or implied that committing broken
15 > >> things is ok.
16 > >>
17 > >>
18 > >> Best regards,
19 > >> Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
20 > >>
21 > > I think the time is coming, given the diversity of members of this list,
22 > > to add <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags when we are not describing something
23 > > literally. It becomes very difficult to follow the thread of
24 > > conversation when people are (not) communicating their true thoughts!!
27 > While this is certainly sensible, the irony here is that this whole
28 > discussion was started by somebody making a sarcastic remark when
29 > simply pointing out a mistake would have been just as functional.
30 >
31 > Nobody thinks it is ok to commit broken code. What it seems like
32 > we'll be debating until there is only one of us left is how
33 > unprofessional we should be when pointing that out.
34 >
35 > --
36 > Rich