From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: eclass/
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 17:06:18
1 On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 12:59 PM, M. J. Everitt <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
2 > On 14/05/16 17:53, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
3 >> Gordon Pettey schrieb:
4 >>
5 >>> So, it's perfectly okay to make direct commits of obviously broken
6 >>> code that
7 >>> has no chance of working, because community something mumble...
8 >>
9 >> You may have missed some sarcasm in the post which you replied to.
10 >> Plus, I don't think anybody said or implied that committing broken
11 >> things is ok.
14 >> Best regards,
15 >> Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
16 >>
17 > I think the time is coming, given the diversity of members of this list,
18 > to add <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags when we are not describing something
19 > literally. It becomes very difficult to follow the thread of
20 > conversation when people are (not) communicating their true thoughts!!
23 While this is certainly sensible, the irony here is that this whole
24 discussion was started by somebody making a sarcastic remark when
25 simply pointing out a mistake would have been just as functional.
26
27 Nobody thinks it is ok to commit broken code. What it seems like
28 we'll be debating until there is only one of us left is how
29 unprofessional we should be when pointing that out.
32 Rich