From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, vapier@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS archive?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:19:32
1 On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 09:56:16PM -0500 or thereabouts, Jon Portnoy wrote:
2 > What about cvsup? I know it doesn't work on very many architectures
3 > currently, but it may be an acceptable method of obtaining the
4 > development modules (and CVS files to go with them) if we had a box to
5 > act as a cvsup server.
6
7 If we're just talking about doing this to make things like current portage
8 source available, then I'd much rather look at generating tarballs and
9 placing them on the mirrors, much like we do w/ the portage tree itself.
10
11 It's no secret that I'm not a fan of pserver -- it's a security nightmare
12 waiting to happen imo. (oh wait -- it's already happened...) The only way
13 I'd feel reasonably comfortable about implementing it is if it was on its
14 own machine, segregated from the rest of our network.
15
16 --kurt