From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS archive?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:02:17
1 On Friday 12 March 2004 08:19 am, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 09:56:16PM -0500 or thereabouts, Jon Portnoy wrote:
3 > > What about cvsup? I know it doesn't work on very many architectures
4 > > currently, but it may be an acceptable method of obtaining the
5 > > development modules (and CVS files to go with them) if we had a box to
6 > > act as a cvsup server.
7 >
8 > If we're just talking about doing this to make things like current portage
9 > source available, then I'd much rather look at generating tarballs and
10 > placing them on the mirrors, much like we do w/ the portage tree itself.
11
12 i see cvsup as not only servicing the large anon user base but developers
13 also ... it's also widely known that running `cvs update` on a whole tree is
14 far from fast ...
15
16 will cvsup be some kind of magically fast solution ? i dont know, i'd like to
17 do some serious benchmarking before i go proclaiming the death of cvs ;)
18 -mike
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list