From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: killing mediawiki
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 18:23:45
1 On Tue, Jul 03, 2018 at 01:47:19PM -0400, Brian Evans wrote:
2 > On 7/3/2018 1:39 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
3 > > All,
4 > >
5 > > some of us have talked about this on IRC off and on, but I want to bring
6 > > it up here as well.
7 > >
8 > > I don't care that we have a wiki, but can we please look into killing
9 > > mediawiki and look at something with a git backend? It would be very
10 > > nice to be able to edit wiki pages in markdown or another similar format
11 > > and use git to control the changes instead of editing in a browser.
14 > For what purpose? The Handbook? No objections to that as it is limited
15 > access already. We just go back to what we were doing in CVS.
16
17 We should definitely use git not cvs. :p
18 We don't have to go back to what we were doing in cvs,.
19
20 There are wikis out there such as gollum, gitit and ikiwiki to name a
21 few, which allow full access to the content via vcs [1].
22
23 William
24
25 [1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8255749/wikis-with-vcs-backends