From: Brian Evans <grknight@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: killing mediawiki
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 17:47:49
1 On 7/3/2018 1:39 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > some of us have talked about this on IRC off and on, but I want to bring
5 > it up here as well.
6 >
7 > I don't care that we have a wiki, but can we please look into killing
8 > mediawiki and look at something with a git backend? It would be very
9 > nice to be able to edit wiki pages in markdown or another similar format
10 > and use git to control the changes instead of editing in a browser.
13 For what purpose? The Handbook? No objections to that as it is limited
14 access already. We just go back to what we were doing in CVS.
15
16 If there is to be a replacement, then it should be equal access to what
17 we have now.
18
19 Users can create and edit pages which are not protected (currently by
20 namespaces).
21
22 This should continue IMO.
23