From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:47:42
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Looking at my kernel config, ext3 and reiser explicitly support
3 > xattrs, and I see jfs and xfs have acls and security labels, which
4 > might be usable.
5
6 Extended attributes can be turned off during compile time for each
7 filesystem you mentioned. NFSv3 doesn't support them (yes, I do share
8 $PORTDIR). Also note that in some circumstances like when running in a
9 virtualized environment, imposing additional requirements on the kernel
10 might be problematic. It wouldn't be great to require extended
11 attributes for each and every Gentoo box...
12
13 Cheers,
14 -jkt
17 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth