From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What sort of infrastructure programs/features do we want?
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 00:26:07
1 On Friday 19 September 2003 20:19, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 11:54:14PM +0000 or thereabouts, Luke-Jr wrote:
3 > > > * web mail
4 > >
5 > > Would this be webmail for @g.o emails or webmail for users also?
6 >
7 > At this point, I would not feel comfortable offering email accounts to
8 > users. That comes with an entirely different, larger support requirement
9 > and unless we're going to generate revenue from it, it's not something we
10 > can currently support.
11
12 i dont see why anyone should get a @g.o email address unless they're a
13 developer. we're a distribution that develops, we're not here to sell e-mail
14 address to make you look cool. personally, i like having an @g.o account
15 beacuse to me it says 'this guy can actually do something' ... by giving out
16 e-mail address to any old tool, it devalues the gentoo name.
17 -mike