From: Alex Xu <alex_y_xu@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] February 2014 QA policy updates
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 00:31:12
1 On 20/02/14 04:46 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Chris Reffett <creffett@g.o> wrote:
3 >> This does not affect sys-boot/grub's USE=multislot, as that
4 >> does not mangle the SLOT value like the others (as I understand it).
5 >
6 > Right. USE=multislot on grub just toggles the renaming of the grub-foo
7 > commands to grub2-foo, in case someone (like me) prefers the upstream
8 > naming convention. There is also a conditional blocker on
9 > sys-boot/grub:0. The SLOT value is always '2'.
10 >
11 > I would be happy to rename the use flag if anyone else has a better name for it.
14 All other packages use it to mean "make multiple versions in a single
15 SLOT installable".
16
17 I think "vanilla" should be used, or possibly a different local USE
18 flag, like "grub2-bins". The argument of wanting this globally is not
19 valid, since multislot should not be set globally either.