From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] The usefulness of test in FEATURES
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:48:45
1 Hey people,
2
3 A lot of ebuilds still fail when "test" is in FEATURES.
4
5 It's understandable that fixing this is a low priority thing, but what
6 I would like to propose is to either fix the tests or disable them.
7 The latter would be the thing to do for devs who are currently closing
8 bugs about tests with WONTFIX or similar.
9
10 By keeping tests that fail enabled in one ebuild, perfectly good tests
11 of any other ebuild are rendered useless because it becomes almost
12 impossible to upgrade a system with "test" in FEATURES.
13
14 If fixing the tests is not WONTFIX but rather something way down on your
15 todo list, I would also recommend disabling the tests in the ebuild.
16 A bug report could be used to track these bugs, but at least it would
17 not bother so many people while it is still unsolved.
18
19 I'd like to know what you think of this.
20
21 Thanks,
22 Maurice.
25 Maurice van der Pot