From: "Andreas K. Hüttel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] depend.apache.eclass rework, try 2
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2016 20:39:20
1 Here's a fresh attempt to improve depend.apache.eclass; this time
2 some of the ideas from dwfreed's patch are implemented.
3 The initialization of two variables is shifted from global scope
4 to pkg_setup.
5
6 We still remain with one eclass though (and what I haven't used
7 is the new dependency/useflag code there, since it changes the
8 interface).
9
10 Impact... right now only 4 ebuilds in the tree use depend.apache.eclass
11 with EAPI=6. Two of them use depend.apache.eclass directly, and
12 none of the variables is present in the ebuild. Two use it via
13 apache-module.eclass, but that eclass only uses the affected
14 variables in phase functions.