From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] New GLEP: file installation masks
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 08:33:57
1 >>>>> On Wed, 08 Jun 2016, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > I though the goal was to rid profiles/ of files other than profiles.
4
5 Thinking about it, putting it into profiles would make a lot of sense.
6 For example, one would want to define any systemd paths only in
7 non-systemd profiles.
8
9 > I can change the GLEP to have paths apply with masters logic if you
10 > want. That shouldn't cause much trouble, considering that the mask
11 > is evaluated per package anyway.
12
13 That doesn't change the fact that the file isn't repository metadata.
14
15 Ulrich