From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Commitfests
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:02:25
1 I was going to reply to this, but I think Tobias just said everything I
2 was planning to. The first sentence in particular.
3
4 On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 12:24:59 +0200
5 Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o> wrote:
6
7 > > I think this is a fun way to build some team spirit.
8 > >
9 > > Thoughts?
10 >
11 > I think it's a *very* bad idea - both from a QA and a "team spirit"
12 > point of view.
13 > Instead of having such "commitfests" and bounties for the one who
14 > managed to get as many as possible commits done within - say - 5
15 > minutes I'd rather suggest giving out bounties to developers who
16 > fixed important bugs and/or implemented often requested features, for
17 > example like GNOME did in the past. "Bounties" not necessarily as in
18 > "money" but as in hardware, books or $foo. Also those bounties
19 > mustn't be offered by the Gentoo Foundation, a "near-ideal"
20 > bountie-implementation would allow users/companies to offer bounties
21 > to get certain bugs fixed or pre-defined features implemented.
22 >
23 > Just my 0,02€ ...
24 >
25 > Tobias